11 May 2014

Breaking Up

Today the first of us leaves Santiago - Compass and his wife head-off to France for WW1 battlefield tours. The rest of us leave tomorrow, Ram and his wife for a cruise in the Baltic, the Captain and his family for Germany and then a cruise from Barcelona to Istanbul. My wife and I are off to Morocco and Ireland.
I have asked each of the guys to send me an email of their initial thoughts of the Camino and I will post in the blog over the next week or so.
I will also update the blog with a few more shots from different cameras and by the time we all got home in 3 weeks or so, it will be nicely tied-up and complete, with the full story.
Many have told us during the last few weeks and personally I have experienced it from the past Caminos,  that the Camino does not start till you get home.....it will be interesting for certain.
Here is a photo of the Pilgrim's Mass yesterday, quite a moving ceremony, even with my basic Spanglish!
This is a photo of them firing-up "Old-Smokey", the thurifer got bigger and bigger over the years, as the number of smelly pilgrims increased....the driving-force behind the evolutionary size.
I have a movie of its journey in full swing and will see if I can get it into the blog...it is quite a sight from our prime standing location.




2 comments:

  1. Greetings from Mexico. Sounds like you had a really great time and the photos are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arthur for your photos and the words. It has been great to keep up with the adventures of the St Basil's homres. Regards Ian

    ReplyDelete