11 May 2014

We Have Arrived

Well, as you probably guessed, we arrived in Santiago de Compostela today, around 10:30am, May 10th.
We walked into the square in front of the Cathedral arm in arm.
Our wives and Narelle were there to meet us and serenaded our triumphant entrance.
After a few happy-snaps, we were off to get our Compostelas.
I walked into the courtyard and spied there was no queue into the office, so I went to the door and was ushered in by the next available person. There were a mass off people off to the right, removing backpacks and poles and generally mulling around. I handed over my pilgrim passport and after completing the necesseties, was rewarded by my Compostela, handed over a few Euros and walked over to get a cardboard tube. After handing over €2 for a fancy tube, exited the office, with Compass in tow, who followed me into the office earlier.
On exiting the building, there were Ram and Cap in a long queue to get their Compostelas, in the masses I had seen earlier....oooops, we had entered the exit and jumped the queue, before about 50 people who were giving us really dirty looks on the way out. I can't tell you how bad I felt and it became obvious that we had upset people, when they passed us on the way out whilst we were waiting for Ram and the Cap.
When they eventually came out, we slinked-off for a coffee, with Compass and myself very embarrassed. Oh well, it was not a deliberate thing and we all had a good laugh over a coffee about it.


Not forgetting Misschelle and Kluster made it as well



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Don't worry about jumping the queue, easy enough to do. Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday, ill miss the daily updates of your adventures...maybe you'll have to start a blog for the next 3 weeks! XXX Missing you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missing you all as well, the Monday visits. Thought about a Morocco Blog, but I would think WIFI is a bit more scarce there.
      CYA in 3 weeks xxx Dad

      Delete